Why Travel Insurance?
It is wise to compare plans from various companies for prices and options before committing. comparison can be done hassle free using online comparison sites like Insurance Pandit or Policy Bazar. Policies can even be taken online by a click of the mouse.
Based on travel location, it is divided in to two types.
1. Overseas Travelers Insurance.
2. Domestic Travelers Insurance.
As name suggests, they cover overseas and domestic travel risks respectively.
Based on person who travels, it divided in to
1. For Individual
2. For Family
3. For Senior Citizens
4. For Students
Based on number of trips, its divided into
1. Single Trip Policy
2. Multi Trip Policy
Risks covered by Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance covers various risks as mentioned below. But one has to check the policy document whether the needed cover is provided by the particular policy.
1. Medical Expenses including emergency dental treatment.
2. Covers loss and delay of checked baggage.
3. Inconvenience caused due to hijack.
4. Personal Accident.
6. Loss of Passport, Visa and other travel documents.
7. Trip Delay.
8. Emergency Cash Advance.
9. Home Insurance for Home at India.
10. Repatriation of remains in case of death.
Be Insured. Stay Secured.